Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Interview With Acrips!



Animal: Hi. Tell us about yourself on Roblox.


Acrips: Well, I’m a lot of things on ROBLOX. To start, I’m a HR in The Federal Army. I also record my gameplay for YouTube videos, and I’m also in RTC. I occasionally play on my leisure with friends.


Animal: Great. Well, sounds like a lot more than what I do. Anyways, let’s get started with some basic questions! What is your favorite hat on the Roblox catalog?


Acrips: Well, ROBLOX releases a lot of hats to the catalog, and most are good. But, I really like the Adurite Fedora (my signature hat) and the Hot Wheels Helmet is a really nice helmet I like.


Animal: Wow, no one we interviewed ever said they liked a 1 Tix hat, that’s nice! Really shows that even the cheapest of hats is still liked by many people. 1 Tix hats are cool, well, most. Anyways, I see that you are followed by quite a number of famous people. Like, PhireFox and Clone. What did you do to get them to follow you?


Acrips: Well, I honestly don’t know. I joined Twitter in around the Summer of 2013 in hopes of expanding my YouTube. And it turned into me becoming part of this group with all these famous ROBLOXians. Eventually some famous people like AverageBloxer, PhireFox, KasoduS, and CloneTrooper followed me and I was really happy when I realized my YouTube model PhireFox and one of the best developers followed me. Looking back, though, I didn’t really do much to have them follow me.


Animal: Well, I am only followed by TheInnovative, Gordonrox24, and Merely. Then friended on Roblox by Boring, TheInnovative and Gordonrox24. Not sure why they all did that for me either…. maybe it was because I begged them to . Anyways, off the topic of me, what kind of videos did you make?


Acrips: Well, I make videos on YouTube and hope to continue to do this in the future, as it is my passion. I started with ROBLOX Recorder, but moved to recording quality video with audio which is what I still do. I recently started doing “heavily edited” videos like Newscoop and continue to expand into ROBLOX Machinimas or even animating with Cinema4D or Blender. I also do some other games, like Minecraft, and I’m also hoping to expand into other games like Counter Strike, Call of Duty, and Grand Theft Auto.

Animal: Wow, all games I have no interest in! Sorry. I guess I won’t be a subscriber :( But I can for surely support your channel! Anyways, to the next question, how long have you been making videos for?


Acrips: Well, I’ve made videos for a long time. My first channel was MrCCC46. I don’t recommend you look at that. There’s some very bad videos. I started with Movie Maker and made some silly videos with Nintendo and stuff like that. When I joined ROBLOX in May 2012, I quickly found out about ROBLOX Recorder and used that until I got to Acrips. Then on Acrips, I started making video with audio. So, I’ve been making videos since around early to mid 2012.


Animal: Hmm. Sounds interesting. So are you recognized by the Roblox community for making videos?


Acrips: Some people watch my videos. Currently, my YouTube fanbase is at almost 450 subscribers. I’ve been commented on by viewers and I’m what I consider a “minor YouTuber” at this point. I don’t have as many viewers as PhireFox and Epikrika or people up there, but some people watch my videos, and I’m thankful for that. :D


Animal: Seems like you are more noticeable than me. Hm, how many famous people have you met/talked to on Roblox?


Acrips: That’s a hard question. I’ve met a lot of famous developers, admins, and more famous people in game like InceptionTime, CloneTrooper1019, Gusmanak,Merely, and Senorak and a few admins.


Animal: Well, um, I met some people… Umm, trying not to spam this with all of them… Trying to not type every single one of them…. Anyways, what is your favorite banded top hat?


Acrips: It’s been some time since ROBLOX released these, but basically if you reported a certain amount of people, you could be awarded a “Boss Banded Hat”


Animal: I meant like the classic ones. Green, yellow, red, orange, blue.


Acrips: Ah. I can narrow it down to 2. I’m tied between the green one and the red one.


Animal: The day I find someone that mentions Yellow will surely get all my Robux on hand. Which isn’t a lot. Anyways, what do you do on Roblox in your free time? When you’re not making videos?


Acrips: Well, I play games and work on my clan that I am an HR in, The Federal Army (seriously, you should join it). I also play games like Phantom Forces, Hex, and some nice games. I also play games with friends, with online friends and real life friends. I’m currently also working on a fort for The Federal Army and after that I want to make my own game.


Animal: Great. w!ll u don8 pl0x 4 my k!d


Acrips: Well, I’m an NBCer. I’ve been an NBCer for my whole ROBLOX career. Haven’t bought ROBUX once. The only ROBUX I get is from the ROBLOX Streaming Challenge, and that gives very little. The only other income I have is daily tix. So far, I have only 376 R$ and 893 tix.


Animal: You are richer than me, I think. Or do I have 400 Robux… I don’t know. All I know is that a Memorial Day sale is coming up and I am going to try and get a great gift for my birthday.


Acrips: I barely even buy from sales anyway, unless there’s something good. One time, I was really close to buying a red bandana but I stopped myself. I normally spend money on profitable limiteds that start cheap (even though I can’t sell them). I’m actually proud of only one purchase, which was me buying a Red Sparkle Time Claymore when it was only 100 R$. #InvestingTips


Animal: I own Tasteful Top Hat and Conductor’s Gold Pocket Watch. I wanted the watch since like 2013. Even though I joined 2011. Hmm, we can continue this or end for now. What do you think?


Acrips: I guess we could go for one last question. I gotta leave in 10 minutes anyways.


Animal: Hmm, must be a very serious question. I’ll just ask a great question that has to do with the new update coming! What do you think about place thumbnails having to go by a certain way.


Acrips: Ah, the game icon. Or tile. I forgot what they called it. I read up on this for Newscoop, and I think this is good and bad. This will make the games page more uniform and it’ll make the site look better for new users and give a new touch for existing users and finally we don’t need to see these weird pictures from one thumbnail from another. This also limits, though. Some developers put new thumbnails after updates to signify that there's something new, but now they can’t do that easily, though the game page could have that. Overall, I think this will benefit ROBLOX though.


Animal: I agree on both cases. I also want to think of this from a builder’s view to: Roblox may get in the way sometimes with updates. Sometimes Roblox updates break a game, I think we should be able to have our games how we want. Like this new UI thing for games, it broke a lot of games. We should have the option to turn it off. Well, we can talk about Roblox all night but I think we need to save this for later. Invite me as a guest for one of those newscoop and I’ll be happy to come talk on my view ;)


Acrips: I’ve actully thought of making some new sections for Newscoop. In fact, I’m thinking of adding a new one this edition which is coming out this weekend. I’ll keep that in mind.


Animal: Sounds cool, I will surely share the link to my followers for it. Anyways, I think it’s about time we call it an end. Thank you for coming, Acrips!


Acrips: Absolutely, it was a pleasure. Thank you for inviting me, it was an honor coming out here. This is a great concept you’re starting, I wish you luck with these interviews.


Animal: Thank you.


This has been an interview with Acrips!

Join The ROBLOX Archives for more interviews!