Saturday, October 3, 2015

Interview With Oaktin!

Interview With Oaktin

Animal: Hello. First question! What do you do on Roblox?

Oaktin:  Well I do many things, not really big but I do a lot.  First off I like to build,  building is what has got my identity on roblox by building the twisted murderer maps for taymaster.  I did that for about 3-4 months and by then I gained 700 followers on twitter.  So I was known in the community by then and I started to learn to code lua and here I am today!

Animal: I can tell that you gained some fame in the community. Especially seeing how many great famous people follow you. Like TheInnovative, InceptionTime, SimBuilder, Taymaster, Katrina, etc. Did you ever think you’d gained that many followers?

Oaktin: No really never, When I was 12 or 13 (before I started to get into roblox) I made these little youtube skits they were awful.  But I always wanted to have a fanbase I always loved the idea of one.

Animal: What would you say would be your favorite Roblox hat?

Oaktin: Oh man, that's a good question. I really like the orange sparkle time fedora that is my dream hat.

Animal: I’ve been jealous of your antlers. I’ve been trying to get some yellow hats. In which I already have three but antlers would just to awesome. What game are you working on right now?

Oaktin: Well I currently released last night (October 3rd) my newest get, Outrageous Blades.  It is a more balanced sword fighting tournament where you can make your player all different from the rest by customizing your sword skin, buying trails, and upgrading your sword.  Right now there is only one unique round and one map but don’t worry there are more to come!

Animal: For hats, will it be any kind of hat you can find on the Roblox catalog? If so, be sure to add Yellow Banded Top Hat. I hate when developers don’t add that hat but add something like the Green Banded Top Hat.

Oaktin:  I was thinking of adding hats to my game but I really liked the idea of making your character unique.  What a better way of making your character unique when you have your own custom look!  So I decided not to add hats.  But If I do I'll make sure I add the Yellow Banded Top Hat.

Animal: Sounds good. I also saw some other tweets on the game about it not being a pay to win.

Oaktin:  Yes I sent that out yesterday as well.  Some lovely people were making comments about Outrageous Blades being a copy of The Sword Fighting Tournament.  What I said is all things that you buy with robux is only for looks, to make your character look more awesome.

Animal: Do you have a planned released date for the game yet? Or is it already out?

Oaktin:  Well as of now the game is in public beta so it is not fully out yet.  Before I release it I have to add a couple of more things some being:  Maps, Gamemodes, and some more Chests with trails or skins in them.

Animal: Did anyone else help make the game?

Oaktin:  Yes and no.  I made most of the things in the game right now, which include the code, gui images, and other stuff.  The people that did help me out a lot with the beta release is Volttt and IDontHaveAUse.  They made a ton of sword skins and trails.  I am really awful with with retextures and they take way too much time for me so without them the release of the game would delay two weeks.

Animal: So you are going to have some Twitter codes that give exclusive items and stuff?

Oaktin:  Yes I think that’s a good idea.  After I start to advertise it I'll release one to the public.

Animal: I like to get exclusive items. Especially when they’re made just for me. *Wink* Something yellow.

Oaktin:  Ahh hahah, come to think of it we don’t have many yellow things in the game now.  I’ll change that, I always loved the idea of twitter codes.

Animal: I can help run that. For some reason I am followed by some famous Robloxians. Maybe they will see the codes and be interested in seeing the game.

Oaktin: That’s not a bad idea, in the future I'll become famous and they will want me to follow them!  (<- My Evil Plan)

Animal: This is an evil plan: Start by interviewing people until every major known Robloxian is following you on Twitter then take over the Roblox HQ! Still needs work on though.

Oaktin:  Hahaha not a bad plan if I do say so myself.  Yeah I always loved twitter because of the variety of people you can find on it.

Animal: It’s the main way I get people for interviews. Without it I don’t think I would be doing this for a Roblox past-time.

Oaktin:  For me it’s the main way to get some of the best beta tester I have today, some include iiQueenBeee, Maplestick, and many others.

Animal: Do you hope all your hard work will pay off in the end?

Oaktin:  Well yes of course.  I made many games before and they failed miserably but what strives the winners from the losers.  The winners try then fail, try then fail, try then fail, but when they succeed they will be more successful than all of the other losers and previous winners.

Animal: Anything else you want to add on about the game?

Oaktin:  Yes actually, for all of the people wondering, I am adding pets soon.  You can spend your bells you’ve been saving up on these cute little pets.

Animal: Sounds great! I can’t wait to go see your game. And hopefully have free stuff, ha. Start off with like a level 99 weapon on my first day of playing.

Oaktin: Haha yeah sure you will be the highest level player without even playing.  Thanks for having me this has been fun.


This has been an interview with Oaktin for The Roblox Archives!